Conditions and application procedure
Interested students, researchers and practitioners can apply for the Scholarship only after being recommended by one of the above mentioned scholars or by mesopartner.
The following steps for application should be considered:
- Fill in an application form (see attachment) in which the candidate specifies the research theme, the research questions, the research time line, which includes possible field research abroad. The application form has to be signed by the candidate and one of the supervising scholars mentioned above in item III.
- Application forms can be presented twice a year: until September 30th and until March 31st.
- The candidates will receive a confirmation email at the latest 1 month after the respective deadline for applications. The selected candidates will receive a work contract (in German: “Werkvertrag”) from the firm Wältring & Partner GbR/mesopartner.
- The work contract will entail the Terms of Reference (ToR). The ToRs will stipulate the requirements for finalizing the research and providing for an opportunity to publish the paper or a summary on the topic. The paper should be delivered and approved in a period of 6 month. If necessary, a rectification period of additional 6 month is possible.
- A lump sum payment (50% of the fee) including travel costs will be transferred immediately after Mesopartner receives the signed contract by postal mail. The remaining 50% will be paid as soon as the final paper or study is delivered and approved by the supervisor.
- The evaluation of the supervisor is one condition for final payment and publication of the research paper on the JMS Scholarship Website.
- If there are more applicants than scholarships available a team of 1 scholar and 1 partner of Mesopartner will select the most promising research topics.
- Mesopartner and the scholar network will provide support in the field work by providing contacts and giving advice during the research process. To celebrate a successful research project, the scholar is encouraged to organize a formal presentation of the research including a celebration event. Form, place and audience will we agreed upon between the student, the scholar and the Scholarship contact person.
Download Terms & Conditions here.
Download Application form here.